The Jamestown Foundation is seeking writers for its China Brief, Militant Leadership Monitor and Terrorism Monitor publications. Interested writers are invited to submit proposals for articles suited to these publications. In addition to a description of a proposed article, authors are encouraged to submit a short piece of published work in English and a CV/Resume describing prior experience in the field.
Our analysts have experience in their field and must be proficient in the use of relevant indigenous sources.
Writing guidelines for specific publications can be found below. Prospective authors are highly encouraged to review them before submitting an article.
Address all applications or questions to Mr. Alden Wahlstrom – pubs(at)jamestown.org
Publication-specific guidelines can be found below:
Contributors to China Brief are required to follow the China Brief Writing Guidelines and are encouraged to draw from a variety of Chinese-language media. We have compiled a Resource Source Sheet to help.
The Jamestown Foundation, Washington, DC
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work mostly independently, without continuous oversight.
- Good research skills.
- Experience copy-editing.
- Must be physically located in the Washington, D.C. area and able to work part-time at the Jamestown office in downtown Washington.
- Be able to devote 10-20 hours a week to working on ongoing Jamestown projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken language at the level of a native English speaker.
- Familiarity with WordPress or other website back-end applications, a plus.
- Working proficiency in an Eastern European or Eurasian language, a plus.