The Jamestown Foundation is seeking writers for its China Brief, Militant Leadership Monitor and Terrorism Monitor publications. Interested writers are invited to submit proposals for articles suited to these publications. In addition to a description of a proposed article, authors are encouraged to submit a short piece of published work in English and a CV/Resume describing prior experience in the field.
Our analysts have experience in their field and must be proficient in the use of relevant indigenous sources.
Writing guidelines for specific publications can be found below. Prospective authors are highly encouraged to review them before submitting an article.
Address all applications or questions to Mr. Alden Wahlstrom – pubs(at)jamestown.org
Publication-specific guidelines can be found below:
Position Title: Europe-Eurasia Intern
The Jamestown Foundation, Washington, DC
The Jamestown Foundation is offering a part-time unpaid internship for the fall 2016 term to assist with updating our website, researching topics related to security in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as preparing for and running Jamestown conferences and events. The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate school student with an interest in Russian, Eurasian and Central-Eastern European affairs.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work mostly independently, without continuous oversight.
- Good research skills and a solid understanding of political/security/economic developments and trends in Europe and Eurasia.
- Must be physically located in the Washington, DC, area and be able to work part-time at the Jamestown office in downtown Washington.
- Be able to devote 10-20 hours a week to working on ongoing Jamestown projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken language at the level of a native English speaker.
- Familiarity with WordPress or other website backend applications, a plus.
- Fluency in a Central or Eastern European language strongly preferred.
For more information, or to apply for this opening, please email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter, and use the e-mail subject heading Europe-Eurasia Intern.